Official track & field practice starts the first of March. The team meets 3:15 PM on Monday, and 2:45 PM Tuesday through Friday. Practice usually lasts between 1.5 hour and 2 hours and generally follows the following schedule:
- Monday - @ BEHS, event specific
- Tuesday - bus to NPHS to use their track
- Wednesday - @ BEHS, event specific
- Thursday- bus to NPHS to use their track
- Friday - meet day 1 (3200, TJ, Discus/Shot)
- Saturday - meet day 2 (all other events)
- Sunday - rest
It is never too late to come out for track & field. You'll need at least 10 practices before you can compete, however.
Track Meet Schedule
The 2018 Alaska track & field schedule is yet to be announced.
History / Performance
- 2015 the boys took 2nd place in state & won the regional championship
- 2016 the boys took 3rd in state & won the regional championship
- 2017 the boys took 3rd in state & won the regional championship